Please Note: You are viewing the non-styled version of Where to Eat. This website employs technology that your browser does not support. If you are using an older browser, please learn why you should upgrade. Thank You.
|Home | Restaurants | Catering | Events & Insider Info | About Us | Press | Contact|
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Executive Chef: Joseph Margate
RICOTTA GNUDI WITH HEIRLOOM TOMATOES AND BROWN BUTTER
4 C fresh ricotta
2 whole eggs
1/3 C parmesan (grated with microplane)
1T semolina + 1C (to roll gnudi in)
2lb ripe heirloom tomatoes, sliced
1/4C brown butter
1. Mix all ingredients together until well incorporated (be careful not to overmix). Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
2. With a small ice cream scoop, scoop onto a platter lined with the 1 C semolina.
3. Roll into a smooth ball with floured hands.
4. Chill for 1 hour, then poach in simmering salted water. Gnudi are done 1 minute after they float.
5. Divide the sliced heirloom tomatoes on 6 warmed bowls then top with the cooked gnudi
6. Drizzle with brown butter and serve immediately.